Friday, April 10, 2015

One Pot Wonder South West Pasta

Can I just say one thing? I LOVE one pot meals. Hardly any dishes? simple easy recipe? Sounds like a winner to me! 
Comforting pasta dishes are always a hit in my house. My boys love pasta , and so does my husband! This is one of our favorite recipes, So please give it a try! 


Ingredients:
1 13.5 oz. box of whole wheat rotini (or any pasta you like)
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1 medium green bell pepper cut into thin strips
½ medium red onion, sliced
1 15 oz. can Rotel canned tomatoes and chilies (I used the Mexican blend with lime and cilantro)
¼ cup taco seasoning (I used Old El Paso, medium)
1 tsp. salt (if the taco seasoning you use contains a lot of salt, you may want to reduce this)
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 cups fat-free chicken (or vegetable) broth
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup Mexican cheese blend, plus more for topping (Optional)

Directions:
1)Add all but the last 2 ingredients (beans and cheese) to a large pot. Stir, cover, and bring to a rolling boil.
2)Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. There should be ¼ to ½ inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot when it is done.
3)Remove from heat. Stir in the black beans and cheese (optional). Let it rest for 5 minutes to warm the beans, melt the cheese, and absorb the excess liquid.
Recipe Courtesey of---> http://thewholesomedish.com/one-pot-wonder-southwest-pasta/

No comments:

Post a Comment