Friday, April 10, 2015

Carrot/Potato Mash

I love mashed potatoes, but having plain potatoes can get boring after a while, so I am always looking for ways to make my mashed potatoes more interesting. This is one of my favorite ways to make them. It adds more nutrition and more of those yummy flavor!
I dont have an exact recipe for this, usually I just guess at it and taste it through out making it to see how the flavours are working out.

Peel and cut potatoes and carrots, Boil together in the same pot until both are tender enough to mash. 
Drain.
Add butter, usually I add about 2-3 Tablespoons. 
Add salt to taste
A sprinkle of brown sugar about 1 Teaspoon
1/4 cup of sour cream and a splash of milk.
Then mash until combined.

These just look so much prettier then regular potatoes! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment