Monday, April 13, 2015

Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork

I really enjoyed this recipe. It took me a while to find a pulled pork recipe that I felt comfortable making. I didn't want one where you just dump a gallon of BBQ sauce on it and call it good. I wanted more flavor then that. And I definitely didn't want one that involved soda , they may taste good but not healthy that's for sure.  So eventually I came across this one. Yes it includes BBQ sauce, but only a limited amount, and you are more then welcome to add more, my family just doesn't like it swimming in BBQ sauce. I accompanied this recipe with homemade hamburger buns and homemade coleslaw. It truly put it over the top! I will be posting the Hamburger bun recipe as well! Link to Homemade Bun Recipe


Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 4 teaspoons paprika
  • 2 teaspoons table salt
  • 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 (2-3) pork tenderloin
  • 1-2 cups barbecue sauce (use as much as you like)
Directions:
1)Mix all spice rub ingredients in small bowl.

2)Cut each tenderloin (2) into three pieces so it fits easily into your crock pot. Place tenderloins in a 9x13 Pyrex dish. Massage spice rub into meat. Cover tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

3)Unwrap and place pork in slow cooker liner. Add ¼ cup water. Turn slow cooker to low and cook for 6-8 hours, until meat is fork-tender.

4)Transfer meat to cutting board. “Pull” by tearing meat into thin shreds with two forks or your fingers ( be careful it can be really hot)

5)Place shredded meat back in slow cooker liner. Stir in 1 cup barbecue sauce. Add more if desired. Heat on low for 30-60 minutes, until hot.

Makes about 8 pulled pork sandwiches. 
Link to Orginal Recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment