Friday, April 3, 2015

Old Fashioned Butter Milk White Bread

I love Homemade bread, it is so much better tasting then store bought bread. Bread can be a bit time consuming to make, So I searched and searched for a recipe that took a bit less time then your typical Bread recipe. 

Eventually I found this recipe and I knew it was a winner. In the first part of this recipe all the hard work is done by the bread machine! Honestly, you hardly have to do anything other then wait for it to rise again after it comes out which is only an hour! 

Now please believe me when I say this recipe is super easy! I have three boys under 3 and a house to take care of and even I find time to make this recipe!
Give it a try! You wont be disappointed!


Old Fashioned Butter Milk White Bread

Ingredients:
1/3 cup Water
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbl of butter or vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 tbl brown sugar
3 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast
4 tbl gluten (optional)

Directions:
 Put all ingredients in your bread machine, according to your manufacturers settings. Mine go in the exact order listed above.

Select dough setting. Mine takes about 1 hr 30mins

Once your dough cycle is finished, punch down the dough and place it in a greased loaf pan. I like to use Pam. I spray it all over the loaf pan, place in my bread dough and then spray the top with more Pam. I then put plastic wrap over the top and wait for it to rise. It should rise up and above the edges of the pan.

Once doubled in size, bake at 350' for 30 minutes or until lightly brown on top.

Take out of the oven and immediately rub a cold stick of butter over the top.
I do enough, so that my bread has a light coating of butter on top.

Let cool a few minutes and then remove from pan and onto a plate, 
where it will completely cool.
**Recipe courtesy of**-->http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/2011/05/old-fashioned-buttermilk-white-bread.html

No comments:

Post a Comment